VAMA Scholarships are available to VAMA Owner/Manager Members for NAAEI Credential programs offered through the Virginia Apartment Management Association. Competition for these scholarships is based on financial need and commitment to earning a professional credential. Scholarships are only awarded as long as monies are available in the scholarship fund.
Unless otherwise authorized by VAMA's Budget and Finance Committee, VAMA will pay up to 75% towards the total cost of the Credential program (NALP, CAM, CAMT, CAPS) registration fee for individual members who need financial assistance, provided the following three guidelines are met:
1. Applicant must be employed by a Virginia Apartment Management Association Owner/Manager member in good standing.
2. All scholarship requests must be filed 8 weeks prior to the start date for the NAAEI Credential program for which you seek assistance.
3. Individual must successfully complete the attached Education Scholarship Application and include all documentation as requested on the Application. (Note: Incomplete applications will not be accepted.)
4. Individual must successfully pass all course requirements. If course is not completed or if course is not passed within 9 months of enrollment date, individual must reimburse Virginia Apartment Management Association for the full amount of scholarship monies awarded.
Qualifications for NAAEI Credential programs are as follows:
National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP):
• Possess at least six (6) months of leasing experience (this can be obtained while taking the class);
• Successfully complete all NALP modules, which includes the Market Survey presentation; and
• Meet all examination requirements within 12 months of declaring candidacy for NALP and pass the exam.
Certified Apartment Manager (CAM):
• Possess at least 12 months of apartment management experience;
• Successfully complete all CAM modules; and
• Meet all examination requirements within 12 months of declaring candidacy for CAM and pass the exam.
Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT):
• Possess a minimum of one year of rental housing maintenance experience (which can be obtained while
taking this class);
• Successfully complete all CAMT modules and online content; and
• Meet all examination and course requirements within 12 months of declaring candidacy for CAMT and pass the exam.
Certified Apartment Property Supervisor (CAPS):
• Must have worked as a multi-site supervisor for 24 months or be a CAM, ARM or RAM designate in good
standing with 24 months of management experience;
• Successfully complete all CAPS modules; and
• Meet all examination requirements within 12 months of declaring candidacy for CAPS and pass the exam.
Click Here To Apply Today!