VA's Phase Two Opening Guidelines
Thursday, June 4, 2020
Posted by: Teresa Starkey
Phase Two expected to begin Friday June 5, Northern Virginia and Richmond to remain in Phase One
Phase Two of Virginia's reopening plan was announced this week. For the full list of guidelines CLICK HERE.
Executive Order 65, signed by Northam on Tuesday, establishes the guidelines for Phase 2, which call for the following:
- The original 'Stay at Home' order is a 'Safer at Home' strategy, calling for people to continue social distancing, teleworking, and requiring individuals to wear face coverings in indoor public settings, in accordance with the executive order signed last week.
- Virginia's 10-person limit on gatherings will be expanded to a 50-person limit, and all businesses still need to adhere to physical distancing guidelines, frequently clean and sanitize high contact surfaces, and continue enhanced workplace safety measures.
Specific business changes are as follows:
- Restaurant and beverage establishments may offer indoor dining at 50 percent occupancy
- Fitness centers may open indoor areas at 30 percent occupancy with fitness equipment separated by at least 10 feet
- Certain recreation and entertainment venues without shared equipment may open with restrictions. These venues include museums, zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens, and outdoor concert, sporting, and performing arts venues.
- Swimming pools can open up to both indoor and outdoor exercise (like lap swimming), diving, and swim instruction. (Splash pads, saunas, hot tubs, etc. must stay closed
The current guidelines for religious services, non-essential retail, and personal grooming services will largely remain the same in Phase Two, including 50% capacity in both retail and houses of worship, and health restrictions for personal grooming services.
Overnight summer camps, most indoor entertainment venues, amusement parks, fairs, and carnivals will remain closed in Phase Two.
For more information on the Virginia's reopening guidelines and Virginia COVID related updates, please visit: https://www.virginia.gov/coronavirus/