What would you do right now if you heard screaming and shots being fired?
Did you hesitate with your answer? If you did, you do not have a plan. Where is your closest exit, hiding place? Do you have the means to protect yourself and be "hard to kill"? Do you even know how your body is going to respond under extreme stress? Be trained, be skilled and survive the unthinkable! HAVE A PLAN B!
This class offers evidence based curriculum with a goal to bring a heightened level of situational awareness to any particular environment. Participants will be trained on response goals which will make a significant difference in the event of the unthinkable, an Active Shooter Event. Those attending this class will learn the following:
- Profile of an Active Shooter (including the complex developmental stages of an active shooter).
- How to identify a future threat.
- Detailed review of shootings at Columbine, Virginia Tech, The Pulse Nightclub, San Bernardino Department of Social Services, Columbine High School, Sutherland Springs Church and Platte Canyon High School (this information comes from personal one-on-one interviews with survivors, witnesses and investigators; not the internet or media)
- Human Resource and Management responsibilities before, during and after an attack.
- Situational Awareness.
- Survival Mentality, Rise to the occasion.
- How to deal with extreme stress, time continuum, body factors & changing your "attitude" on stress.
- Surviving the attack - what to do!
- And much more!
Every attack is different and unique. We will discuss different dynamics and just how complex an attack can be. This training is geared to teach people in the workplace as well as in their personal lives. It is not sugar-coated and is created to reduce injuries and save lives. You will also learn some very basic disarming techniques, which can be used when all else has failed and your only option is to fight the attacker.
Event sponsored by:
Instructor: Marko Galbreath, T4Tactics
Marko Galbreath is a retired police Sergeant from Daytona Beach, FL. The majority of his 22 year career was spent as a supervisor in the Special Investigations Unit where his primary assignment was narcotics and violent crime. He has been assigned to numerous FBI, DEA and U.S. Customs task forces throughout his career. When on the SWAT Team Marko was the Commander of the Hostage Negotiations and Rescue Team. On three separate occasions, Marko received Law Enforcement's highest award for bravery, the medal of valor. During his 22 year career, 17 of those were spent at Daytona State College as an adjunct instructor for the Florida Criminal Justice Standards Board. Marko instructed police officers how to handle special tactical problems, high risk incidents, was a firearms instructor and bio-chemical weapons consultant. For the past four years Marko has worked with various Federal Agencies providing dignitary protection for the Congressional Hearings on Terrorism in Washington DC. Marko currently owns T4Tactics, LLC home based in Lynchburg, VA. T4Tactics provides active shooter awareness and response training for churches, businesses, manufacturing facilities and more. Marko has delivered these presentations in 14 various states across the country. Please feel free to speak with him on break or after the presentation. He is very approachable and always willing to answer any questions.